Mental Health Support
Looking after your mental health is just as important as looking after your physical health. Everybody, at some point in their life may feel like life is getting a bit too much to deal with, so please don’t feel like you are alone, or that you have to struggle in silence – help is available from many different places and support and advice is available for any concern that you may have.
Issues and concerns can arise from many different factors in life, such as exam stress, grief and loss, loneliness, bullying, feelings of insecurity and many others. So whatever is on your mind, it can help to speak to somebody about your feelings.
The FA have teamed up with Kooth for children and young people. Kooth is an online digital support network that is free, safe and anonymous. For more information please see the video below or visit their website by clicking on the link.
Useful links to other mental health support information can be found below.
- YOUNG MINDS provides information, advice and training for young people, parents, carers and professionals.
- ANXIETY UK supports anyone with anxiety, phobias, panic attacks or other anxiety-related disorders. Tel: 03444 775 774 or text 07537 416 905
- MIND provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health issue. They campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding. 0300 123 3393
- SAMARITANS offer a safe place for you to talk any time you like, in your own way – about whatever’s getting to you. 116 123
- STUDENTS AGAINST DEPRESSION is a website offering advice, information, guidance and resources to those affected by low mood, depression and suicidal thinking.
- SELFHARM UK exist in order to support and nurture young people who may be experiencing difficulties with self-harm.
- THE PRINCES TRUST Support young people in many different ways, they also have a longer list of support organisations on their website.
You can speak to your Club Welfare Officer – Michael Hardinges on 07791 421999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.